Monday, July 27, 2009

Teaching art to kids....my passion...



On November 13th 2009 I am going to teach a work shop at the CAEA Conference in Los Angeles. This is a wonderful conference directed to Art Teachers, home schoolers and anyone wanting to teach ART to children. The vendor fair is amazing with Crayola, Dick Blick and any other Art supplier you might dream of.

Visit the
CAEA website for more. My workshop is inspired by Wayne Thiebaud (one of my favorite artists) and we will be "baking" cupcakes with paint and paper.... Children love this lesson (I have taught it in different grade levels) and wanted to share it with other teachers. The CAEA Conference is the best place to do so.

Taking a year sabbatical from teaching in the classroom I have plenty of other ideas for the fall. This workshop is the start but I am also in the process of publishing an online magazine with Art Lessons for Kids. Very exciting and hopefully a nice tool for all of you out there teaching Art to kids and don't have a clue of what to teach.

I am hoping to reach all those wonderful people homeschooling their kids and perhaps do not have an art background. Also regular school teachers, with all the budget cuts we will all see that some Art teachers will be "cut" and the art lessons will be taught by the classroom teachers. More on this shortly.

If you are interested in Art Lessons for Kids let me know... the website and magazine should be available soon.

Have a nice week.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Jeanette! A wonderful life calling!

love,kelee

Jeanette Carlstrom said...

Thanks Kelee!!!