Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ideas for teaching ART to Elementary school kids




Today was a full day at work with some pretty hectic art classes (4th gr. and K/1 special need). We did some talking about Paul Klee and worked on rubbing crayons over small shapes in 4th grade. The little kids worked with "dot markers" and made fish to add to some large blue paper. We made bubbles and seaweeds and in the end it looked really nice. I will take some pictures of lessons next week and share with those of you that might need some ideas. I teach K/1 special need, 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th grade and come up with most of my art classes on my own. I follow California standards and always try to make art fun and interesting for the kids. We often look at famous art and talk about the artists and discuss together why that particular piece of art might have something in common with what we are working on that day.
I know how hard it is to come up with lessons and ideas so why not share. I would love to hear from anyone with ideas for some FUN art lessons for Elementary school kids. Not from California? no big deal...art is the same all over the world.

No comments: